Sunday, January 03, 2010

Regular Schedule Resumes Tomorrow

Yours Humbly returns from my week-long Christmas vacation tomorrow with a return to the old, more structured, more content-heavy update schedule. This includes the Word of the Week, the Silent Top Five, Trip Report Tuesdays, and WTF Wednesdays.

In the meantime, I've added a new link to the blogroll. My little sister wrote to me thus: "Now, everyone knows that b...logs are hardly any fun if no one reads them, and since a bunch of family members/mutual friends read your blog, would you mind including a link to mine in your next post? Feel free to call me shameless, merely piggybacking on your successful (and most likely more interesting) blog, but whatever." So go check out my shameless sister, who is merely piggybacking on my successful (and most likely more interesting) blog.

Posted by Silent Five @ 4:07 PM

Word of the Week

gymnosophy [jim-NAH-so-fee]

n. Philosophical, amusing, or nonsensical insights realized when naked, as in the shower or in bed. (recent coinage: att. S. Galasso, 2010)

Victoria and Albert enjoyed a spot of postprandial concupiscence culminating in a night of gymnosophy and coffee and crumpets at dawn.

The Silent Top Five: Bacon-Flavored Desserts

1) Bacon cheesecake.
2) Bacon gumballs.
3) Bacon ice cream.
4) Bacon-orange bars.
5) Bacon apple pie.

Standard Disclaimer

This is all in no way meant to incur copyright-infringement-related wrath. I'm harmless. I promise. Oh, and if you're offended by anything I may post herein, I guarantee I didn't mean to do so (unless, of course, you are a humorless prig. In which case, go right on and be offended, with my blessings.)