Monday, November 01, 2010

Figure Five Runs Screaming Back Onto The Scene

November appears to be the month for trial by ordeal. Both NaNoWriMo (that's National Novel Writing Month, for those of you who live under rocks or not on the internet) and Movember (that's the November facial hair growing contest, for those of you who have never iced anybody) turn this month into a contest against oneself, one's inertia, one's fears of success, and one's face. Now, I've considered entering both of these events, but I am still squeamish about the tome of self-indulgent verbiage that a month-long novel might produce, and I can't seem to grow a moustache (which is too bad, because my place of work is offering baked goods to the one who's most in touch with their inner lumberjack come December 1st.) This October, however, ended much the same as last October did; that is to say, with my friend Jacob yelling at me for not being awesome enough and asking why the hell I didn't update my blog anymore. Clearly I had to do something.

That something is the return of NaBloUpMo, wherein I attempt to update this thing EVERY DAMN DAY. I did it last November and it seemed to be well received, so I'm pretty confident about my ability to keep it up. Huzzah, tomorrow old-school Figure Five updates begin once more, starting with one hell of a Trip Report Tuesday. Turns out I've been up to a hell of a lot since April.

What about you kids? I challenge all of you to start blogs and keep them updated, because I'd appreciate being able to stalk you back.

Posted by Silent Five @ 7:39 PM

Word of the Week

gymnosophy [jim-NAH-so-fee]

n. Philosophical, amusing, or nonsensical insights realized when naked, as in the shower or in bed. (recent coinage: att. S. Galasso, 2010)

Victoria and Albert enjoyed a spot of postprandial concupiscence culminating in a night of gymnosophy and coffee and crumpets at dawn.

The Silent Top Five: Bacon-Flavored Desserts

1) Bacon cheesecake.
2) Bacon gumballs.
3) Bacon ice cream.
4) Bacon-orange bars.
5) Bacon apple pie.

Standard Disclaimer

This is all in no way meant to incur copyright-infringement-related wrath. I'm harmless. I promise. Oh, and if you're offended by anything I may post herein, I guarantee I didn't mean to do so (unless, of course, you are a humorless prig. In which case, go right on and be offended, with my blessings.)