Sunday, November 21, 2010

No Obligations

My weekend has been wonderfully full of music. After the CSO concert I stayed at my mother's and spent the whole afternoon playing the piano. In the car on the way back home I sang along to all my Chicago Masters Singers repertoire. I need more classical music in my life.

I've been too busy living my life to blog about it today. That's a good thing, isn't it? My mother and I had a long talk over homemade bread this afternoon, part of which was a discussion of obligation. Do what you are passionate about, says my mother, and don't do a thing because you feel like you ought to if it doesn't speak to you in any other way. In that light, I've honestly got nothing else to say. I'll talk to all of you tomorrow.

Posted by Silent Five @ 8:22 PM

Word of the Week

gymnosophy [jim-NAH-so-fee]

n. Philosophical, amusing, or nonsensical insights realized when naked, as in the shower or in bed. (recent coinage: att. S. Galasso, 2010)

Victoria and Albert enjoyed a spot of postprandial concupiscence culminating in a night of gymnosophy and coffee and crumpets at dawn.

The Silent Top Five: Bacon-Flavored Desserts

1) Bacon cheesecake.
2) Bacon gumballs.
3) Bacon ice cream.
4) Bacon-orange bars.
5) Bacon apple pie.

Standard Disclaimer

This is all in no way meant to incur copyright-infringement-related wrath. I'm harmless. I promise. Oh, and if you're offended by anything I may post herein, I guarantee I didn't mean to do so (unless, of course, you are a humorless prig. In which case, go right on and be offended, with my blessings.)