Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Friday Somewhere

Yesterday, as I'm sure you who are hanging on my every word have noticed, I missed my post. By the time I get off work on Friday, the library is closed, so if Andy's not home, I have no opportunity to write. A lamentable state of affairs, you say! We missed you so!  Yes, I know, I know. So here is my report for Friday:

Same old same old.

Well, not quite. I did finish one sock of my promised pair and cast on for the next one, so I may actually finish that project late on time. I also very nearly went out to a bar with a coworker, but in the end social anxiety won out and I went home to read feminist literature and feed my cats. One day, says I, one day I will make friends. Probably just in time for me to move away from them.

This is exactly why Scott Adams, cartoonist, should take me up on my offer. I need to meet more people.

(I've added "cartoonist" because the ever-thoughtful Steve raised a good point-- Scott Adams is a fairly common name.When I Googled "Scott Adams," most of the results were for the cartoonist, but Scott Adams the game designer, Scott Adams the attorney, and Peggy Scott Adams the gospel singer also made an appearance. Any of these people are also welcome to duel me if they so choose, just in case.)

Posted by Silent Five @ 12:36 PM

Word of the Week

gymnosophy [jim-NAH-so-fee]

n. Philosophical, amusing, or nonsensical insights realized when naked, as in the shower or in bed. (recent coinage: att. S. Galasso, 2010)

Victoria and Albert enjoyed a spot of postprandial concupiscence culminating in a night of gymnosophy and coffee and crumpets at dawn.

The Silent Top Five: Bacon-Flavored Desserts

1) Bacon cheesecake.
2) Bacon gumballs.
3) Bacon ice cream.
4) Bacon-orange bars.
5) Bacon apple pie.

Standard Disclaimer

This is all in no way meant to incur copyright-infringement-related wrath. I'm harmless. I promise. Oh, and if you're offended by anything I may post herein, I guarantee I didn't mean to do so (unless, of course, you are a humorless prig. In which case, go right on and be offended, with my blessings.)