Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Whole Slew of Projects

I posted my project yesterday, and I'm still planning on following through. I'm excited. My usual performance anxiety is decreased by the fact that it doesn't really matter to me whether I get in or not. I haven't got my heart set on it, so it wouldn't bother me not to be cast. It's going to be fun to audition, and I'll meet some great people (by all accounts.) It's really refreshing to have a project on which I haven't pinned any crushable hope. Generally, I'm so emotionally invested in most of my ideas and plans that I shy away from following through on them, in the event that they fail and I get all sad and mopey.

I feel I should mention the rousing success of my last completed project (the duet.) I got rave reviews at both concerts this weekend, and our choir's researcher/orator, a former professional vocalist, encouraged me to look into a singing career. After I got done doing the giggly *squeee* dance, I reasoned that although I don't know if I want to try to break into such a competitive field, I really ought to be doing much more singing.

This segues nicely into a list of projects I want to undertake, possibly using this blog as a medium for accountability and trip reports.

My project list is telling me I need more creative pursuits in my life. Either I need to work less or work more creative jobs.

Hey, Scott Adams! Feel like becoming a patron of the arts? I could knit you a pointy-haired hat or a binder cozy!

Posted by Silent Five @ 8:26 PM

Word of the Week

gymnosophy [jim-NAH-so-fee]

n. Philosophical, amusing, or nonsensical insights realized when naked, as in the shower or in bed. (recent coinage: att. S. Galasso, 2010)

Victoria and Albert enjoyed a spot of postprandial concupiscence culminating in a night of gymnosophy and coffee and crumpets at dawn.

The Silent Top Five: Bacon-Flavored Desserts

1) Bacon cheesecake.
2) Bacon gumballs.
3) Bacon ice cream.
4) Bacon-orange bars.
5) Bacon apple pie.

Standard Disclaimer

This is all in no way meant to incur copyright-infringement-related wrath. I'm harmless. I promise. Oh, and if you're offended by anything I may post herein, I guarantee I didn't mean to do so (unless, of course, you are a humorless prig. In which case, go right on and be offended, with my blessings.)