Monday, January 11, 2010

Exciting Developments?

As you all may have noticed, I challenged cartoonist, author, blogger, and generally well-known individual Scott Adams to a duel a few months back. My goal was mostly to see if he'd actually notice, and secondly to be amused by the prospect of a Nerf duel. I didn't really expect anything to come of it.

Now, someone has commented upon that entry purporting to be Scott Adams. I figure this can mean either that Scott Adams has actually found my blog, or that the internet is full of liars. An equal welcome to either Scott Adams or internet impostor! Mr. Adams, if that is indeed your name, I admire your work-- I was particularly fond of Stick To Drawing Comics, Monkey Brain-- and I promise this project wasn't meant to be as creepy as it probably sounds. If you wouldn't mind, I'd be excited to get some confirmation that this is really you. You could link to me in your blog or, if that smacks of blatant self-promotion, slip a phrase like "My hovercraft is full of eels" in there somewhere. At any rate, thank you for dropping by and making your presence known.

I don't know if you have any plans to be in the Midwest anytime soon (or anytime, ever) for speaking arrangements or secret world-running business or what have you, but if you do, my challenge still stands. I will provide Nerf guns and propose Millennium Park in downtown Chicago as the field of battle (just because it's central.) I have a second lined up, and you are welcome to bring one as well. The first to be shot buys a round of beer, after which I would like to buy you a second one, for being whimsical enough to duel an unknown blogger with Nerf guns in public.

I look forward to your response, Mr. Adams.
Regards,
Susan G.

Posted by Silent Five @ 9:03 PM

Word of the Week

gymnosophy [jim-NAH-so-fee]

n. Philosophical, amusing, or nonsensical insights realized when naked, as in the shower or in bed. (recent coinage: att. S. Galasso, 2010)

Victoria and Albert enjoyed a spot of postprandial concupiscence culminating in a night of gymnosophy and coffee and crumpets at dawn.

The Silent Top Five: Bacon-Flavored Desserts

1) Bacon cheesecake.
2) Bacon gumballs.
3) Bacon ice cream.
4) Bacon-orange bars.
5) Bacon apple pie.

Standard Disclaimer

This is all in no way meant to incur copyright-infringement-related wrath. I'm harmless. I promise. Oh, and if you're offended by anything I may post herein, I guarantee I didn't mean to do so (unless, of course, you are a humorless prig. In which case, go right on and be offended, with my blessings.)