Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trip Report Tuesday: A Brief Catalogue of Awesome

This is going to be a whirlwind trip report for two reasons. One-- it's late and I am the sort of tired and stupid that comes along with having a head cold. Two (and this is the best kind of reason) I've accomplished so many awesome things in the past two weeks that I can't explain them all in detail. The highlights are as follows:

First and foremost, I completed and sent in my graduate school application. Given that six weeks ago I was worrying this wouldn't even be possible this year, I'm pretty proud of that.

Today marks three years of the First Mate and I making things work, despite and because of our many differences. I love you, Andy, and I'm thoroughly amazed you still put up with me.

After years of reflecting wistfully on how much I loved having blue hair in college, I've dyed my hair blue again. Because I wanted to, damn it, and I don't need a better reason than that.

I determined to go out for the roller derby rec league as my project for January.

Most astonishingly for long-time readers of this blog, I finally did that which I considered might not even be humanly feasible: I finished the Rasputin Sock. After having to undo and redo it about seven times, I held my breath as I bound off the last stitches, thinking that I was inviting some sort of meteoric apocalypse. But no, the sock is done and the earth is still standing.

Posted by Silent Five @ 9:33 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Did you finish the sock on the solstice? During a lunar eclipse?

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:02 AM #
 
<< Home

Word of the Week

gymnosophy [jim-NAH-so-fee]

n. Philosophical, amusing, or nonsensical insights realized when naked, as in the shower or in bed. (recent coinage: att. S. Galasso, 2010)

Victoria and Albert enjoyed a spot of postprandial concupiscence culminating in a night of gymnosophy and coffee and crumpets at dawn.

The Silent Top Five: Bacon-Flavored Desserts

1) Bacon cheesecake.
2) Bacon gumballs.
3) Bacon ice cream.
4) Bacon-orange bars.
5) Bacon apple pie.

Standard Disclaimer

This is all in no way meant to incur copyright-infringement-related wrath. I'm harmless. I promise. Oh, and if you're offended by anything I may post herein, I guarantee I didn't mean to do so (unless, of course, you are a humorless prig. In which case, go right on and be offended, with my blessings.)